The Ambassador group consists of BACC member volunteers acting as official representatives and goodwill ambassadors – while representing their member business – and acting as liaisons between the Chamber and its members. They are instrumental in the promotion of the Chamber and members and constantly set a positive stage for new membership growth and existing membership retention. The Ambassadors focus on activities that enhance the image of the Chamber, create solidarity within the membership, and bring a greater appreciation among community members of what the Chamber stands for.
The Ambassadors are an all-volunteer committee comprised of representatives of members in good standing. Ambassadors must be able to devote the time necessary to attend their assigned events and functions. There is no term limit, but individuals must meet attendance and service requirements.
Ambassador Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Attend monthly Ambassador Committee Meeting; one Monday per month at 5:30 pm
- Attend ribbon cuttings/grand openings to help welcome new businesses to our community and assist in any follow-up activities related to securing new members.
- Attend monthly Business After 5’s and actively network with members.
- Suggest new members to Chamber staff.
- Volunteer to assist at Chamber events.
- Contact new members, as assigned, to welcome, answer questions/explain benefits of membership.
- Distribute information to the public regarding Chamber events.
- Encourage participation of members and prospective members at Chamber events and functions.
- Assist in planning prospective member social and orientation events.
- Wear the Chamber provided name-tag at all Chamber events and functions.
Why become an Ambassador:
Serving as an Ambassador allows you to become more involved in your business community. This will result in increased networking opportunities, enhanced visibility of your business, and numerous opportunities to market and promote your products and services.