Golf Operations Assistant Position
Executive 9-hole golf course and driving range in the popular Wisconsin Dells area is looking for a Golf Operations Assistant to assist the Manager and Superintendent in the daily operation of the facility.
The Golf Operations Assistant will be responsible for working with the Club House Manager and Superintendent to assist with all aspects of the course and range operations. This will include establishing and enforcing outstanding guest relations, assisting with set-up and execution of golf clinics and tournaments, development of new programs to encourage facility trial and usage, as well as day to day maintenance functions. Approximately 50% of the Assistant’s time will be spent with the clubhouse operation, while 50% will be with the maintenance crew.
- Executing daily course opening and closing procedures
- Perform and assist with all daily operations in the pro shop including closing out the register and balancing daily cash and charge receipts
- Overseeing and serve guests in a small clubhouse snack bar
- Promote course sales by encouraging seasonal passes, and participation in golf outings and
- Help maintain club house facilities, carts and equipment
- Help with mowing fairways, greens and tee boxes
- Maintain and clean course equipment
- Help with grounds maintenance as needed, ie: sand traps, tree pruning, irrigation, storm clean-up, and other miscellaneous duties.
- Excellent oral skills
- Strong self-starter and motivator, good interpersonal/communication skills
- High School Diploma / GED Equivalency preferred
- Prior experience in the golf course or clubhouse industry preferred
Timing: Mid-May 2017 thru end of Sept 2017 (30-40 hours/week)
Compensation: $10/hour, plus golfing privileges
To Apply: Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org